Gluten Free Agave Oat Bread
Author: Gluten Free If You Please
- 3½ cups oat flour
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water ( around 70 degrees)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons xantham gum
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl combine oat flour, active dry yeast, tapioca starch, rice flour, xantham gum and salt.
- In a separate bowl add coconut oil and melt in microwave, about 20 seconds, and combine with flour mixture.
- Add in eggs, agave nectar and warm water. Stir by hand for about 3 minutes making sure everything is well combined. The dough will resemble more of a thick batter.
- Oil a bread loaf pan and pour in dough. Sprinkle top of loaf with a ¼ cup of oats.
- Leave and set to rise for about 45 minutes – 1 hour, the dough should double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread on the center rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Place bread on a wire rack to cool