Beets and chocolate. Yep. The classic combination! Okay, so beets aren’t the first thing you think of when you’re craving brownies, but they could be! Beets are really great alongside chocolate. They add a richness to the flavor alongside some great health benefits.
Beets fight inflammation, boost your stamina, help detoxify your liver, and possibly most importantly, taste great in a chocolate brownie.
I recently added our site to Blog Lovin. Click the link if you’d like to follow our new recipes and posts on their site: Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
First step in this recipe is to puree your beets. They are such a beautiful rich purple color, and look nothing like a chocolate brownie. Just wait. Next step after pureeing the beets is to add in your eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, honey, and almond milk. Puree for about 10 seconds until thick and creamy.
In a separate bowl combine your coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Pour in the beet mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is well incorporated. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and place in your oven at 350F for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 can sliced beets
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a Nutribullet or blender, puree the canned beets for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk and honey into beet puree mixture. Puree for an additional 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredient bowl and mix well.
- Grease an 8x8 pan and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before enjoying!