Gluten Free – Vegan Vanilla Wafers
Author: Gluten Free If You Please
Recipe type: Dessert
Dairy-Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- cup brown rice flour
- cup white rice flour
- cup sweet rice flour
- cup tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons of water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a bowl add the flours, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Slowly add in the milk and cream together until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl add the cornstarch and water and whisk until no chunks appear. Combine with the creamed sugar and butter mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment. Scoop dough with a 1 tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets. Space each 1inch apart. Wet fingers and flatten the top of each raw cookie.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for ten minutes or until the dough firms up.
- Once firm, place the prepared pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are a nice light brown color.
- Makes about 20 cookies.